Our client Owens Corning operates worldwide in the field of insulation, roofing, waterproofing and fiberglass-composite materials. Owens Corning develops, produces and markets innovative, sustainable solutions which improve safety and save energy.
Product applications include residential construction, public and commercial buildings and industrial installations. Our high-quality products and committed team of employees contribute to making the world a better place.
After the aqcuisitation of the market leading specialized company Vliepa, we are currently searching for a Senior Business Controller (w/m/d) to strengthen the local management team and transform the Controlling to group standards.
This position can be fullfilled in a hybrid way with two days per week in the office in Brüggen and three days per week home office/remote .
- The Senior Business Controller is part of the management team with the Site leader and Commercial leader for all aspects of the full financial context of the site’s activities
- He/she is a strong contributor to our two strategic pillars: Growth of VLIEPA and capital efficiency
- He/she manages all the processes linked to financial planning & analysis in the site including reporting and forecasting of the financials of Vliepa up to Gross Margin (Demand, Revenue, Direct & indirect costs), Working Capital and Capex
- The position reports hierarchically to the Site leader
- He/she is responsible for maintaining a control environment that complies with the Company’s internal control policies and Sarbanes Oxley (SOX)
Business planning and Forecasting
- Participates in the development of site operational objectives & strategy to align with Corporate and Business strategic objectives
- Develops, maintains, and owns financial models and consolidation tools to support the operating and strategic plans and rolling forecasts for Vliepa Gross Margin (Demand, Revenue, Direct & indirect costs)
- Pro-actively coordinate cross-functional team (supply chain, commercial, manufacturing, sourcing) to prepare and deliver Vliepa financial forecasts and projections
- Ensures integrity and quality of financial and statistical data
Reporting and analysis
- Communicates results effectively and timely to the site management and EU FP&A Manager
- Provides in-depth analysis on variances to plan and forecast
- Provides risk analysis for contingency planning
- Leads the plant’s monthly closing process in collaboration with German accounting manager
- Support the integration of Vliepa financials within OC systems for consolidation
- Prepare the future of Vliepa Front Office organization by exploring systems capabilities (SAGE & OC systems) to segregate commercial from manufacturing results (standard cost methodology, commercial data integration in OC system)
Driving site profitability and Capital Efficiency
- Implement KPI to monitor manufacturing and commercial performance
- Provides insightful and competitive analytics that anticipate change and drive decision making
- Uncovers deterioration in business results and assures accountable action plans are in place to maximize margin realization
- Implement Capital spend control and monitoring of local projects
- Provides investment analysis for business case preparation when required
Financial and Operational Controls
- Ensures there is an effective and efficient system of internal controls including data integrity, asset protection, segregation of duties, budgeting, financial reporting, information systems and adherence to corporate policies and governmental regulations (GAAP, SOX compliance, etc.)
- Leads and coaches the plant management team to ensure that accountability for internal controls is clear and processes are documented
- Drives a robust controller representation letter and a documented process that provides assurance and visibility to a sound internal control environment
- Leads the Continuous Sign-off process to ensure that accountability for internal controls is clear and validated
Cross-functional leadership and team contribution
- Proactively participates in site activities via internal meetings, interaction with staff and hourly employees, walk the floor, advocate safety, …
- Identify and leverage benchmark opportunities by working across organization boundaries and to drive Vliepa Gross margin optimization
- Shares best practices across the business, i.e. process improvements, financial modeling, and procedures changes.
- Aligns teams and resources to solve problems and drive results
- Works closely with regional Finance leaders of Owens Corning
- Provides support to team members at plant, segment, and corporate level
Leading and developing talent
- Creates an environment where talent is developed through effective performance management, talent evaluation systems and utilization of people.
- Acts as a resource to the non-financial leaders of the business providing education and training on the key principles of Finance.
- Invests in personal growth and development as well as his/her direct reports and other identified talent in their organization
Leadership for the oversight and accountability of plant security
- Ensures the coordination of site security functions, included but not limited to: quarterly assessment of security equipment, incident investigation report to WHQ, site contact for security audits and visits.
- Strong financial acumen with demonstrated analytical ability accompanied by knowledge of manufacturing costing principles, and understands P&L and balance sheet dynamics
- Demonstrated high growth in previous experience
- Profound leadership skills
- SAGE knowledge preferred, SAP knowledge is an asset
- Excellent knowledge of English
- Good skills on Windows, Word, Excel, Power point and Outlook
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or relevant discipline or at least equivalent through proven track record
- Working experience of 5 to 10 years in a similar function in an industrial operations environment
- Providing leadership within a manufacturing and/or commercial organization leading operation planning, savings, forecasting and investment analysis
- Experience in matrix organization is required
- Demonstrated abilities:
- to teach and communicate in simple, impacting terms
- to manage several activities & projects at once, to organize & prioritize work, to stay current with assigned workload and to solve problems.
- to manage and control costs – effectively develops business cases and enroll leaders at all levels in taking appropriate action.
- to develop an intimate knowledge of customers, competition, and the market and uses this knowledge to drive customer and product profitability decisions.
- Able to work horizontally by partnering across businesses, functions, and geographies.
- Personal Characteristics:
- Analytical and anticipative mindset
- Highly motivated and results driven with a high energy level – has a bias for proactive action.
- Acts as an organizational steward with integrity and high ethical standards
- Punctual worker, following through on commitments
- Challenges the status quo modeling curiosity and growth mindset
- Tenacious and has an excellent understanding of figures
Does this sound like a the right challenge for you?
For your application or further information please contact our Partner Uwe Köllner, firstname.lastname@example.org, 0178 5011198. We are looking forward to hear from you!